CALL TO ARTISTS
Solstice is delighted to announce the theme for the 2020 Solstice Parade: BEAUTIFUL EARTH
We would like to encourage our fantastic community of artists to create a bedazzling selection of artwork to illustrate our theme.
This year, a $500 honorarium will be awarded to the artist whose work is selected!
We’re always on the lookout for new talent. Even if, ESPECIALLY if you’ve never proposed a design to grace our collectible posters and T-shirts, it’s time to give it your best shot! This could be your year to shine!
The winning work will be conceived with unrestrained imagination; let it be unique and remarkable and representative of our Beautiful Earth. Be inspired by marvels such as the majestic in stature or even the eerie iridescence of the aurora borealis. Let ideas emerge, like butterflies, in color, motion and sound.
An exhibit of submissions will open downtown on First Thursday, March 5
Guidelines & In Gathering Requirements:
- Works are encouraged to support the theme: "Beautiful Earth”
- Works submitted must be available to be dropped off on Wednesday, March 4th between 9 AM - 4 PM: Exhibit location to be announced.
- Artists must also own the work and or have rights to reproduce work if it has already been sold.
- Artists must sign a release form when delivering their artwork.
- A nominal entry fee will be collected at intake: $10 for the first entry and $5 for each additional artwork, maximum of three entries per person.
- All artwork must hang on the wall, no pedestal works.
- Artwork may not exceed 30" x 36" x 10" deep, including framing.
- Digital work must be printed and ready to hang, Summer Solstice will not print any artwork received electronically
- Works must be wired, using eye screws or D-rings and be ready to hang. Works that are not ready to hang will not be accepted.
- All works shall be priced by the artist and for sale. Summer Solstice splits a 60/40 commission on sold artwork, with 60% to the artist.
- Works submitted must be suitable to be part of Summer Solstice Celebration marketing materials. We reserve the right to be selective about works submitted and that get into the exhibit.
- After the selection process is complete, a $500 check will be awarded to the artist for work selected to represent Solstice for 2020 in t-shirts, posters and in all marketing materials.
- 10 t-shirts and 10 posters will be awarded to the artist, plus a write up on the Solstice website, a press release, inclusion in the e-newsletter, social media and opportunity to sign posters during pre-festival events and on festival weekend if desired.